Pages

Thursday 14 September 2017

PAST FUTURE TENSE (ALL)



PAST FUTURE TENSE (ALL)

past future (all)

 

1.      Past Future Tense
Explain what to do in the past.

Formulation :

I/we/you/they/she/he/it + should/would + infinitive
I/we/you/they/she/he/it + should/would + not + infinitive
Should/would + I/we/you/they/she/he/it + infinitive ?

Examples :

·         I should go to Bali the following day
·         He would buy a car the previous day
·         They would come if you invited them

Time Signals :
·         Past future …. If …. Simple past

Note :
·         He would be (past future) happy if he got (simple past) a good job.
·         She would come (past future) if you invited (simple past) her.

2.      Past Future Continuous Tense
Explain the activity that will be done in the past.

Formulation :

I/we/you/they/she/he/it + should/would + be + present participle
I/we/you/they/she/he/it + should/would + not + be + present participle
Should/would + I/we/you/they/she/he/it + be + present participle ?

Example :

·         I should be taking an examination at this time the following day

Time Signals : 

 
·         In January last year
·         At nine o’clock yesterday

3.      Past Future Perfect Tense
Expressed a supposition that is not happen because the conditions are not fulfilled for sure, but only as imagination if the conditions are completed in the past.

Formulation :

I/we/you/they/she/he/it + should/would + have + past participle
I/we/you/they/she/he/it + should/would + not + have + past participle
Should/would + I/we/you/they/she/he/it + have + past participle ?

Example :

·         He would have graduated if he had studied hard

Time Signals : 

 
·         Past future … if … past perfect

Note :
·         She would have stopped (past future perfect) it if she had known (past perfect) about it.

4.      Past Future Perfect Continuous Tense
States that time will already be in the past. Past Future Perfect Continuous Tense is the future perfect continuous in the past tense.

Formulation :

I/we/you/they/she/he/it + should/would + have + +been + present participle
I/we/you/they/she/he/it + should/would + not + have + +been + present participle
Should/would + I/we/you/they/she/he/it + have + been + present participle ?

Examples :

·         By last Christmas I should have been working at the office for five years
·         By the end of this month last semester, Siti would have been studying medicine at Airlangga University for four years.

Time Signals :
·         By last Christmas
·         By the end of this month + past signal

Note :
·         By the end of this month last year, he would have been teaching at SMA Berdikari in Surabaya for five years.
 

No comments: